London, United Kingdom
Square Footage: 200,000
Norfolk House was a project to replace the current building in St James’ Square. The existing building was completed in 1939 and was the headquarters for planning the ‘D Day’ landings during the Second World War. This site in the heart of the West End offers an opportunity to deliver prime Grade A offices to a very limited market. The proposal involved increasing the quantum of area accommodated on the site by 40% whilst reducing the apparent bulk of the building to be closer to the original Norfolk House, which was demolished to accommodate the current building. The building uses a mixture of brick and Portland stone to respond to the scale and rhythms of the Square.