Cathy Simon's focus on transformative design is evident at all scales. Larger-scale work is best exemplified by San Francisco's Ferry Building, a once-disused relic reborn as a public marketplace and the site of the nation's most highly-regarded farmer's market, as well as a place of vibrant community. Notable smaller projects include numerous independent K-12 projects including the Urban School, a private high school whose identity and relationship to its neighborhood were revolutionized as a result of its new facility. Cathy's design philosophy and expertise have made her a natural spokesperson for the burgeoning revitalization of post-industrial waterfronts worldwide. She frequently speaks and teaches on issues of urbanization, revitalization and the ways and means of creating these vibrant places that nurture the growth of community.
News + Media
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in October 2015 [News]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in September 2015 [News]
- San Francisco Business Times Interviews Cathy Simon on California Drought [Publication]
- Join Perkins+Will at Events in October 2014 [News]
- Looking at Art, Inspiring Architecture [Blog ]
- Two Stunning Examples of Urban Waterfront Renewal [News]